Bobby Borg’s back on the show!
Almost a year after our interview, where we discussed marketing for the DIY musician, he returns to talk about business basics for musicians.
In this episode, Bobby and I go over the importance of learning the business side of your music career, how to set (and accomplish) goals, the future of the industry and his new book Business Basics for Musicians: The Complete Handbook From Start to Success.
Today’s Guest Expert
Bobby Borg is a Los Angeles-based music biz consultant, author and speaker. A Berklee College of Music graduate, he’s been active in the music industry for about three decades, as both a musician, coach and teacher for the likes of UCLA and Musician’s Institute.
Bobby’s the author of three popular books. His latest, Business Basics for Musicians: The Complete Handbook From Start to Success, is a guide that helps artists navigate the business side of their career.
In This Episode, You’ll Hear More About
- Bobby’s background and his new book Business Basics for Musicians
- Why, as an artist, you need to learn the basics of business
- Some of the common mistakes indie artists make when it comes to career execution
- Bobby’s advice for smart goal-setting
- Business relationships and the importance of pro teams
- Deals and dollars
- Our thoughts on the future of the music industry
Links and Resources
- Bobby’s YouTube channel