Doing things together, sharing a passion with other people is probably one of the best feelings in the world.
And the same goes for music. Think about the members of your favorite band having a blast on stage…that’s great, isn’t it? However, finding the right people, band members who are a good match with your ideas and music, is not always that easy.
In this episode of The Jazz Spotlight Podcast we talk about musical collaboration with a very special guest. Last month, I had the chance to meet Michael League, leader of the Grammy Award-winning band Snarky Puppy while they were performing at the April Jazz Festival.
When thinking about bands that always seem to have a great time on stage, Snarky Puppy is right there at the top. This is why, nobody could have been a better interviewee than Michael.
In this episode, Michael tells us more about Snarky Puppy and gives tips that can help you find the right people for your band or musical projects.
More specifically, you will hear about:
- How Snarky Puppy got started
- The “most important thing” for the band, when they are on tour
- What touring is for Michael and the guys
- The band’s way of always having a good time and getting along
- What makes Snarky Puppy different from other bands
- Michael’s advice on how to get musicians to collaborate with you
- How Snarky Puppy challenged themselves on the record Family Dinner Vol. 1
- Michael’s advice on how to find the right band members
- The role of big cities when it comes to music
- Michael’s promotion tip
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of not being commercially successful
- And more!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- www.snarkypuppy.com (Snarky Puppy’s website)
THANK MICHAEL ON TWITTER!
Did you enjoy this episode? If you did, you can personally thank Michael and give Snarky Puppy a shoutout on Twitter by clicking here!