Social media is undoubtedly one of the most powerful promotional tools for musicians, especially independent artists.
Despite their popularity and adoption by millions of people around the world – and thousands of people in the music industry – quite many people are still not getting the most out of the platforms.
For a person using Facebook, Twitter, etc. to socialize and keep in touch with friends and family, it’s not a problem.
For indie artists, on the other hand, not utilizing social media the right way means missing out on the opportunity to reach potential fans and build a global audience. This also translates into letting gigging and monetization opportunity pass by.
If you’re an independent musician who wants to really get your head around social media, or have been thinking about getting started and promote your music and band on the various Facebook, Twitter, etc. this new podcast episode is perfect for you.
Today, we’re joined by musician, social media educator, podcaster and blogger Solveig Whittle, who shares some valuable social media tips for musicians.
In This Episode, We Talk About:
- Solveig’s music career, her latest album and the story of the burning piano
- Her podcast Walking the Dog
- What do musicians need, before start using social media to promote their music
- Solveig’s Content marketing tips for musicians
- How to integrate social media with offline activities
- And More!
Links, Resources and People Mentioned:
- www.shadesofsolveig.com (Solveig’s website)
- Solveig and Stevie (Solveig’s duo)
- Walking the Dog (Solveig’s podcast)
- Solveig’s post Social Media Checklist for Musicians