In this episode of The Jazz Spotlight podcast, I’m happy to welcome Budi Voogt to talk about music promotion, and more specifically music promotion on Soundcloud!
Budi had been on my radar for some time and he really impressed me for the incredible work he does. He’s an entrepreneur, he’s the founder of the label Heroic Recordings and he’s the author of The Soundcloud Bible.
Soundcloud is a great way to promote your music and it allows you to showcase your music to its 250+ million users around the world, for free. In case you are new to Soundcloud, this article will help you get started. If you are a pro, the guide features good things for you too.
I wanted to have Budi on the show to share different tips and strategies he mentions in his book about Soundcloud. When it comes to the platform, Budi is undoubtedly one of the biggest experts around, so nobody would have been a better fit to talk about promotion on Soundcloud than him.
More specifically, in this episode we cover:
- How Budi got started with his record label
- Why he decided to write an in-depth guide on Soundcloud
- What you can expect from The Soundcloud Bible
- What Soundcloud can do for you and why you should include it in your marketing strategy today
- The biggest mistakes artists make on Soundcloud (and how you can avoid making them)
- How to use the music of those who inspire you to motivate yourself
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to share your music online
- The importance of keywords on Soundcloud
- How to integrate Soundcloud with YouTube, Facebook and your email list
- Budi’s tip for bands, venues and festivals who want to boost their marketing efforts
- And much more!
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- www.budivoogt.com (Budi’s website)
- www.heroicrecordings.com (Budi’s record label)
- www.budivoogt.com/soundcloudbible (The book The Soundcloud Bible)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/episode2 (the episode of the podcast with Bobby Owsinski)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/soundcloud (The article I wrote about Soundcloud)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/spotify (The article I wrote about Spotify)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/getaweber (Aweber, tool to create a newsletter)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/show (the link to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes)
Thank Budi on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this episode and would like to show Budi some love and personally thank him for coming on the show, you can do so easily by clicking here.