If you have ever wondered what it really means to be a musician, this episode of the Jazz Spotlight is for you.
Whether you are an amateur or a professional musician, or you are thinking about a career as an artist, this episode will provide you with a good insight of what it means to be an artist today.
This week, I welcome Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter Jen Chapin on the show to talk about what it means to be a musician. Jen shares her story, discusses her life as both an artist and a mother and gives useful tips.
More specifically, you’ll hear about:
- How Jen got started as an artist
- Jen’s productivity tip
- The importance of being yourself
- How Jen promotes herself
- How she started her newsletter back in the ’90s
- How she plans a tour and looks for venues to perform at
- When you should consider looking for a different career
- And more!
Link and resources mentioned:
- www.jenchapin.com (Jen’s website)
- Reckoning (Jen’s latest album)
- http://store.jenchapin.com (Jen’s other records)
- AWeber, the premier tool to create an email list and do email marketing
- The Jazz Spotlight newsletter
- The Jazz Spotlight on Twitter and Facebook
- The Jazz Spotlight Podcast #2 Effective Online Promotion with Bobby Owsinski
- The Jazz Spotlight Podcast #3 Behind the Scenes of a Jazz Festival with Amy Bormet
- The Jazz Spotlight Podcast #4 Soundcloud Mastering with Budi Voogt
Thank Jen on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this episode of the Jazz Spotlight Podcast and would personally like to thank Jen on Twitter, you can do so here