Last week I welcomed Christophe Deghelt of the music management and booking agency Deghelt Productions on the show to talk about music management and booking.
Today I would like to continue talking the topic and I do so with another guest.
Annette Vinther Hansen is the founder of AVH Productions, booking and promotion agency that works with international stars such as Kenny Garrett, Maceo Parker, Kool and the Gang, Angélique Kidjo, Caetano Veloso and Salif Keita.
In this ninth episode of the Jazz Spotlight Podcast Annette & I talk about music management and booking. We expand on what was said in episode eight with Christophe Deghelt and we also talk about AVH Productions and other topics such as promotion, networking and concert planning.
More specifically you’ll hear more about:
- How Annette got started with AVH Productions
- How she put together the stellar roster of artists AVH Productions works with
- How she has built her network and keeps it growing
- Annette’s advice for musicians looking to work with music management and booking agencies
- Her promotion tips for artists
- Annette’s advice to get press coverage
- How she finds new artists for the AVH roster
- Why people in the music industry shouldn’t forget about putting music before everything else
- and more!
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- www.avhproductions.com (Annette’s agency)
- www.thejazzspotlight.com/episode8 (the episode with Christophe Deghelt)
- The Jazz Spotlight Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and Soundcloud
- The Jazz Spotlight newsletter