The 10th episode of the Jazz Spotlight Podcast is finally here and I sure am excited about it!
Time flies when you’re having fun, and the podcast has already reached its 10th episode!
In this episode, which is a solo session (yep, that’s right, there’s only you & me today), I want to share with you what I like to call a “10-Step Strategy for an (Almost) Automatic Online Music Promotion Funnel“. In case you are wondering yes, I came up with the name 😉
Today, I want you to take action and start promoting yourself online and, in case you’re already doing that, boost the way you do that. Please note that even though I talk about this strategy from a musician’s perspective, you still implement most of its steps pretty much for whatever you do (whether you run a jazz club, a festival or a management agency).
At first glance, the things discussed in this episode may sound a little overwhelming, but I assure you that the effort you put in today will give you benefits in the future. The whole concept behind the online music promotion funnel is putting in some work in the beginning, in order to create a system that, once in place, is almost automatic and can be maintained with little effort.
On the episode, I go over the 10 parts of the strategy step-by-step and I recommend you follow them in this order (even though changing the order of the steps is not going to have a major impact on how the funnel works out).
Before we get to work, I would have a small favor to ask you.
If you have enjoyed the podcast so far, could you help me out and leave a review on iTunes? Your review would benefit the show immensely and it would rise its rankings on iTunes (so that other jazz fans browsing through iTunes are more likely to find it and benefit from it).
This episode is all about taking action so if you know someone who could benefit from the things I talk about, please share the link to this page with them.
Thank you very much! 🙂
Ok, let’s get started!
In This Episode You’ll Learn More About:
- The 10-Step Strategy for an (Almost) Automatic Online Music Promotion Funnel
- Why you need a website and what you should have on it
- Why you should build an email list today
- The most popular platforms you can use to make money from your music
- The top services you should use to bring your music to millions of fans around the world
- The sites you have to use to leverage the power of images and videos
- A “different” way of using YouTube and Vimeo
- The #1 tool to manage and schedule your messages on social media
- Sites you can use to promote your upcoming shows
- And more!
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Jazz Spotlight newsletter (and free ebook)
- Bluehost (my #1 web hosting plan)
- WordPress (the platform I have been using for building sites, including the Jazz Spotlight)
- How to Build a Website/Blog in Less Than 5 Minutes
- AWeber (the premier tool to build a newsletter)
- Freelancer, Elance, oDesk, Fiverr
- The Jazz Spotlight, episode 2: Effective Online Promotion with Bobby Owsinski
- The Jazz Spotlight, episode 4: Soundcloud Mastering with Budi Voogt
- The Jazz Spotlight, episode 7: Touring the World with Ezra Brown
- Amazon, iTunes and CDBaby
- The articles on Spotify and Soundcloud
- Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, Vimeo
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin
- Pinterest, Instagram
- HootSuite (the #1 tool I use – and many of my guests use – to manage multiple social media accounts)
- Songkick, Bands in Town
- The Jazz Spotlight Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher
Like what you heard?
If you like what you heard and you know someone who could benefit from this strategy, make sure to share this episode with them by clicking here