Today I am very happy, not only because I welcome on the show the first Canadian guest, but also because he’s a member of one of the coolest bands around: the Souljazz Orchestra!
After releasing six albums and having been nominated for two JUNO awards, the Ottawa-based group is currently touring Europe. They performed at Pori Jazz Festival for the very first time following shows at popular festivals like Mostly Jazz and Copenhagen Jazz Festival.
On this episode – the third of this special edition of the Jazz Spotlight Podcast – Pierre Chrétien talks about how the Souljazz Orchestra got started, their latest record Inner Fire, the festivals who have impressed him the most during this summer tour (so far) and gives out advice for musicians who would like to tour their country and abroad.
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Their latest record Inner Fire
- How the Souljazz Orchestra got started
- One of the biggest challenges of being on the road a lot
- The one thing Pierre cannot be without when touring
- Pierre’s advice for young artists who would like to tour
- Pierre’s tip for musicians who might be facing a “cold” audience
- The Souljazz Orchestra’s upcoming album
- And more!
Links, People and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 7: Touring the World with Ezra Brown
- Episode 13: How to Be Your Own Booking Agent: Effective Booking and Tour Planning with Jeri Goldstein
Give a shout out to Pierre and the rest of the Souljazz Orchestra!
If you enjoyed this interview and would like to personally thank Pierre for being on the show and show your support for the Souljazz Orchestra, you can do so by tweeting this.