Today it’s a great day: the 20th episode of the Jazz Spotlight Podcast is here!
It feels like only yesterday that I started with the show, but it has already been 19 episodes!
To celebrate this achievement I am very happy to welcome on the podcast one of the most popular contemporary artists: José James!
Following much-appreciated performances at world’s renowned festivals like Blue Note Jazz Festival, San Francisco Jazz Festival and Playboy Jazz Festival, José and his band have been touring Europe to present his latest album While You Were Sleeping – the second released under Blue Note Records.
I caught up with José before his gig at Pori Jazz Festival to talk about how the festival had changed, the inspirations behind While You Were Sleeping, José’s favorite city and music venue, his first experience as bandleader and much more.
With this interview you will learn more about José James and you will also hear his advice for all those who would like to follow his footsteps.
Check it out!
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- José’s favorite city and club
- How José gets ready for audiences at different venues
- Where the inspiration behind While You Were Sleeping comes from
- How José chooses songs to include in a set
- His first experience as bandleader
- José’s advice for young musicians who would like to follow his footsteps
- And more!
Links, People and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Jazz Spotlight newsletter
Like What You Heard? Share This Interview on Twitter!
If you like what you heard share this interview on Twitter, so that your friends and followers can listen to it.