It’s a parade of great jazz singers on the Jazz Spotlight Podcast!
After Zara McFarlane and Dee Dee Bridgewater, I welcome another incredible vocalist on the show: Cyrille Aimée!
Born in Samois-sur-Seine, the same town as the legendary Django Reinhardt, Cyrille rose to prominence after participating in world’s renowned contests such as the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition and the Montreux Jazz Vocal Competition.
After performances in some of the world’s finest jazz clubs and festivals with her band, as well as with the likes of Roy Hargrove and the Chicago Jazz Orchestra, Cyrille has recently released her latest record It’s A Good Day.
Today, Cyrille is on the podcast to talk about her career, influential jazz singers, It’s A Good Day (and the upcoming release party at NYC’s Rockwood Music Hall) and to give advice to young artists who are planning on participating to vocal competitions. [Sounds exciting? Then why not sharing this interview?]
Today You’ll Hear More About
- The singers who have influenced, and are still influencing, Cyrille
- Her first stage performance
- Cyrille’s advice for singers who are about to participate in a vocal competition
- The inspirations behind the latest record It’s A Good Day
- Her favorite song from It’s A Good Day
- Cyrille’s promotion tip
- Her future plans
- And much more!
Links, People and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- www.cyrillemusic.com (Cyrille’s website)
- It’s A Good Day (Cyrille’s latest album)
- Episode 19: A Jazz Talk with Zara McFarlane
- Episode 21: A Jazz Talk with Jamie Cullum
- Episode 25: A Jazz Talk with Dee Dee Bridgewater
Give Cyrille Some Love on Twitter!
If you liked what you hear and would like to show your support to Cyrille, you can give her a shout out on Twitter by clicking here!
[Don’t forget to tweet this interview!]