Gigging has been a hot topic here on the Jazz Spotlight. On episode 13 I talked about how to be your own booking agent with Jeri Goldstein, while on episodes 23 and 24 I discussed how to get gigs with Tony Dudley-Evans and Nicola Milan.
In this episode, we are going to discuss how to plan a tour from a more practical perspective. To do that, I welcome on the show Kyle Weber of Indie On The Move.
Between 2006 and 2009, with his band ZELAZOWA, Kyle toured the world and performed over 600 shows. Following that unique journey, Kyle and his brother Bryan (who is also a member of ZELAZOWA) turned their exceptional booking acumen into a digital product: IndieOnTheMove.com.
IOTM is a platform that helps musicians plan a tour around the U.S.. As independent artist, you can sign up for free and start browsing the database that features some 6,500 music venues. From acoustic, Americana and bluegrass to jazz, rock and world music. IOTM’s directory includes bar, halls and clubs for pretty much every music genre.
And there are many more features Indie On The Move has to offer to Do-It-Yourself musicians who want to plan their tours.
If you are not sure about how to plan your tour and would like to rely on professional booking experience, IOTM got you covered! In fact, in addition to the DIY free sign up option, the site gives artists the opportunity to opt for a premium Do-It-Together where you can plan your tour across the States with the help of a professional booking professional.
Buckle up your seat belts and join Kyle and I in this episode, that is all about how to plan a tour with Indie On The Move, promote it and make money while you are having fun around the U.S.!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn More About:
- What Indie On The Move has to offer to both independent musicians and music venues
- How Indie On The Move can still help you, even if you already have your tour dates set up
- Kyle’s advice on how to look professional
- What musicians struggle with when looking for gigs and planning a tour
- What to keep in mind when you are about to plan a tour
- How to contact venues and promoters in a way that makes you stand out from the crowd
- Kyle’s advice on how to promote your tour dates
- How to turn your fans into marketers
- How you can get your music venue featured on Indie On The Move
- And Much More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- ZELAZOWA (Kyle’s band)
- Episode 7: Touring the World with Ezra Brown
- Episode 41: Anatomy of a Website with Ross Barber
- The post I wrote about North Sea Jazz Club
Show Kyle & Indie On The Move Some Love!
Kyle simply rocked, didn’t he? If you enjoyed this episode, make sure to give him and Indie On The Move a Shout on Twitter! Thank Kyle & IOTM now!