Marketing is a crucial aspect of every industry, music industry included. If a good marketing strategy can make great things in terms of you reaching your ideal audience and becoming someone people would talk about and whose music they would listen to, a bad one can break your career.
When it comes to marketing, just like in many other aspects of the music business, there are plenty of professionals out there ready to help independent artists. However, their fees, may represent a problem for quite many indie musicians.
This is why, you should take a moment to really think about giving music marketing a shot on your own.
In case you’re worried don’t worry, because ol’ Yann got you covered! 🙂
Today I welcome on the podcast L.A.-based music industry expert, drummer and best-selling author Bobby Borg to talk exactly about this: music marketing for the DIY musician.
Having being active in music for about 30 years, Bobby comes on the show to discuss his latest book Music Marketing for the DIY Musician: Creating and Executing a Plan of Attack on a Low Budget and to share practical tips for indie artists, from why you need a target audience to how to create multiple revenue streams from a single song.
Enjoy this last episode of 2014, Happy Holidays everyone! 🙂
Today, You’ll Learn More About:
- What to think about, when laying out your marketing plan
- The importance of the target audience (and why you need one)
- What musicians do the least, when creating a marketing plan
- The features every music marketing plan should have
- Why, in addition to long-term goals, you need short-term goals that are measurable
- How to create several revenue-generating products from just one song
- One of the biggest promotion mistakes musicians and people in the music industry make
- Bobby’s social media promotion tips
- How to start building a fanbase
- What to keep in mind when looking to hire a music marketing pro
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- His book Music Marketing for the DIY Musician: Creating and Executing a Plan of Attack on a Low Budget
- His best-selling book the Musician’s Handbook
Thank Bobby on Twitter!
Did you enjoy this episode and feel ready to execute the plan of attack for your music marketing? If so, make sure to let Bobby know and thank him on Twitter!