When it comes to online marketing, quite many musicians, music venues and festivals get excited about the various Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, but forget the MOST IMPORTANT element of their whole online promotion strategy: the website.
Some artists don’t have a website, because they consider hiring a developer too expensive and, for the fact that they don’t have any programming skill, they don’t know where to start from. HTML, CSS, Ruby, Python all sound like mysterious languages only “coding wizards know”.
If you’re in need of a website, you couldn’t be in any better place! In fact, websites are the topic of today!
Platforms like WordPress give everyone the opportunity to create an amazing website within minutes, without the need to empty one’s wallet and without the need of learning how to code. I mention WordPress, because is the one I have used in the past and am still using for the Jazz Spotlight.
In the music industry though, when it comes to creating incredible sites, the #1 choice of hundreds of musicians around the world is Bandzoogle. Bandzoogle is not only a great platform that empowers musicians. It’s also a vibrant, always-improving community and its blog is a must for all those who want to get some tips about websites and about different aspects of the music industry.
To discuss the #1 component of every artist’s online promotion strategy, there wouldn’t have been any better guest then David, someone who talks about and reviews websites all the time. So, buckle up your seat belts and join David & I as we talk about why you need a website, how to build one, common mistakes musicians make on their websites and much more!
Today, You’ll Hear More About:
- What Bandzoogle is and what it can do for you
- Why YOU should build your own website (and how to do that even if you don’t have any particular coding skill)
- Why you have to invest in professional photos
- The must have-features of a musician’s website
- Three groups of people you should think about, when building your site
- Mistakes artists and festivals make on their websites
- Why you need to start an email list today
- The importance of hosting your own videos on your site
- David’s music promotion predictions for 2015
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned Today:
- The Bandzoogle blog
- Bandzoogle’s FREE ebook: Building Your Website: A Step-By-Step Guide for Bands and Musicians
- TJS 007: Touring the World with Ezra Brown
Say “Thank You” to David with a tweet!TY @DavidDufresne for your great tips on how to build an incredible #website! cc @Bandzoogle Click To Tweet