How many of you have a video on their computer or a hard disk, that is just sitting there? Yes, it may be an “old” video of live performance, an interview, an exclusive behind the scene of a recording studio session…that kind of video.
But what would you think, if I told you could turn those videos into something that helps you grow your fanbase and make money?
If you’re curious to know more about how to repurpose your videos, then you and this podcast episode are a match-made-in-heaven!
My guest today is Stephen Backer, Co-Founder and CEO of 2ndLine, a platform that help musicians, writers and people in the performing arts build digital second lines. Through advanced social features, 2ndLine enables you to create unique online events that use video. This is different than live concert streaming we have discussed here in the past, for the fact that with 2ndLine you can grow your audience and monetize by repurposing videos you already have.
Join Stephen & I as we talk about this creative way to repurposing your videos, how to interact with your audience during online events, how to promote them and much, much more!
Today, You’ll Hear More About:
- The connection between the name 2ndLine and New Orleans
- What 2ndLine is all about and what it can do for you
- Two major issues with live streaming
- The types of video and lengths that work very well to engage your audience online
- How you can create video collaborations with other musicians
- Stephen’s tips for promoting an online event on 2ndLine
- How to interact with your audience and keep it engaged during an online event
- How your online videos can help you turn your followers into super-fans
- How you can make money through this kind of online events
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Stephen’s blog post Frustrated With Live Streaming Options? We Hear You!
- Satchmo (Louis Armstrong’s biography)
Give Stephen & 2ndLine Some Twitter Love!A HUGE shout out to @stevebacker! GREAT talk about @2ndLineTV, repurposing #videos! #musicbiz Click To Tweet