An audience is something you need at pretty much every single stage of your career. Whether you’re starting out or have been performing for years, you want to and need to have an engaged fanbase.
I mean, who doesn’t want to have (more) fans anyways?
If you’re interested in learning more about how to build a fanbase or are simply looking for new ways to grow your current one, this podcast episode is just perfect for you.
My guest today is the incredible Patrice K Cokley! She’s the founder of The Bassline Group, an agency that helps artists, entrepreneurs and creative people create amazing brands, as well as crafting management, marketing and communication strategies.
In the first episode of a week that, here on the Jazz Spotlight Podcast, is all about building, growing and engaging a fanbase, Patrice gives some valuable tips from what to think about when building a fanbase to how to connect with influencers and promote yourself off- and online without being spammy.
A quick note: on the podcast, I mentioned ProspectSnap. However, after our talk, Patrice & I noticed that the app is not available anymore. If you’re using AWeber to manage your newsletter, you can use its AWeber Atom app (available for both iPhone and Android). If you’re looking for more options, check out this blog post.
Today, You’ll Hear More About:
- What the Bassline Group is and what it can do for you
- What you should think about, when you’re starting to build your fanbase
- Why you shouldn’t aim at targeting “everybody”
- Why you need to build an email list today
- Patrice’s tip for promoting yourself on social media without being spammy
- Why, when using Twitter, you cannot ignore trending topics
- A different way (to what you usually do) to connect with influencers
- A simple strategy I have used (and you can use too) to connect with famous artists and influencers on Twitter
- How to build and grow your fanbase offline
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Patrice’s post How to Build a Fanbase
- TJS 044: How to Connect With Influencers in the Music Industry (Even If You Have ZERO Contacts) with Cortney Harding
- TJS 060: A Jazz Talk with Duane Eubanks
Thank Patrice on Twitter!
Don’t forget to give Patrice a shout out by clicking the tweet below!TY for a GREAT #podcast episode @PatriceKCokley and @TheBasslineGrp! #musicbiz #musicians Click To Tweet