On Tuesday I welcomed Patrice K Cokley on the Jazz Spotlight Podcast to talk about how to build a fanbase as a musician. During that episode, we discussed several crucial aspects of artists’ audiences, from what to think about before actually building a fanbase to how to promote yourself on social media without being spammy.
Today, we continue this “mini-series” about fanbases with another spectacular guest!
Andrew Apanov is the founder of the music marketing agency Dotted Music and the music marketing community WeSpin, as well as the host of the WeSpin Recipes Podcast. Very active in the music and digital marketing scenes, in the past he also worked for what is probably the biggest website for guitar aficionados (at least in terms of traffic): Ultimate Guitar.
Andrew joins me for a very-laid back conversation about fan engagement.
I couldn’t have picked a better guest for discussing the topic – in fact, Andrew has recently launched a FREE course called Fan Engagement Faculty (I signed for it and am learning so much! Click here for more info or to reserve your spot for the next free course that will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about how to interact with your fanbase in an engaging way).
Buckle up your sit belts and get ready for an episode that is all about ways and tools you can use to boost your fanbase’s engagement, turn people into fans and fans into super-fans!
Today, You’ll Hear More About:
- WeSpin, Dotted Music and all the cool projects Andrew is involved in
- How you can build and grow your fanbase this year
- Why you shouldn’t worry about being on every social media – and why that’s ok
- What Andrew considers to be the must-have tools for promoting yourself and engage your audience with
- Why you should start using Instagram even if you’re NOT planning on building an audience on the platform
- Why you need to start building your fanbase as soon as possible (even if you have only one song available!)
- How to engage and grow your fanbase by focusing on non-music related content
- Andrew’s tips for leveraging your email list and live shows to engage your fanbase
- The type of content you can use to boost your fans’ engagement
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Fan Engagement Faculty (Andrew’s new FREE course)
- TJS 007: Touring the World with Ezra Brown
Give Andrew a Shout Out on Twitter!
Liked This Episode? Share the Love & Tips!Just listened to this great #podcast episode about fan engagement w/ @matterandrew! Click To Tweet