These days, video is becoming more and more a fundamental element of the marketing strategies in several fields – music included. Just to let you know, I have decided to start using video for the Jazz Spotlight, so get ready for more tips coming to you in visual form!
If you are a musician, run a music venue or festival, I’m pretty sure you have some videos you’d like to share with your fans. If that’s the case, then you should seriously consider launching your own YouTube channel.
Today’s guest is here to help you get started with that!
A few months ago, digital marketing expert Cherry Collard spoke at the Big Music Project about how to run a successful YouTube channel. She’s here to share some of the tips he discussed during her session at the conference and to tell us how to launch a YouTube channel, from what’s need to get started to how to monetize with it.
If you aren’t on YouTube yet, you’re going to hear pretty much everything you need to know to launch your channel and promote your music with it. In case you’re already on YouTube, Cherry still has some valuable tips for you.
Ready to promote your music through video?
Today, You’ll Hear More About:
- What you need to start a YouTube channel (in addition to your videos, duh!)
- The importance of choosing the right title and tags for your video
- How often you should upload new videos on your channel
- The most common mistakes musicians make when running their YouTube channel
- How to monetize on YouTube
- And More!
Resources, People and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Her session at the Big Music Project
- The guide YouTube Playbook
- Some videos/channels Cherry thought you should take a look at (for inspiration): Moones, Troye Sivan
- Rormix (a platform Cherry thinks indie artists should check out)
Give Cherry Some Love on Twitter!TY @cherryec for your GREAT tips on how to run a #YouTube channel! #video Click To Tweet